Cupping is an ancient technique, used in many cultures, in which a special glass cup is applied to the skin and held in place by suction. The suction draws superficial tissue into the cup, which may either be left in place or moved along the body. Cupping brings fresh blood to the area and helps improve circulation.
Patients often describe the sensation of cupping as a soothing massage that reduces muscle tension. Traditional cupping, sometimes referred to as “fire cupping,” uses heat to create a vacuum-like suction inside of glass cups. A small pump can also be used to create the suction. Cupping can be used for many different conditions. Some applications include treating muscle tension or injuries, asthma, allergies, skin conditions, and the common cold, to name a few.
Other Specialty Massage Techniques
Cranial/Structural Release is a massage technique that releases the soft tissue restrictions of the normal cranial movement resulting in structural changes throughout the body. This technique can impact the body in phenomenal ways such as enhancing the process of restoring homeostasis and healing.
Cranial Decompression (a.k.a. Cranial/Structural Frontal/Occipital Decompression) is a very powerful cranial message that helps detoxifies the brain and body. This technique is very effective at treating and managing:
- Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, hypersensitivity and other learning disabilities
- Brain and body detoxification
- Scar tissue and inflammation from concussions that can cause memory problems and other dysfunctions
- Early onset Alzheimer’s
- Boost the immune system
- Chemotherapy side effects
- Post surgery anesthesia side effects
- Toxicity from multiple medications and drugs
- High levels of heavy metals in the brain
- Impairment of motor skills, coordination, and concentration
- And so much more!
Call/text our massage therapist, Gabriel Woon at (812) 603-1286