- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
This license designates a practitioner who is NCCAOM certified and has completed a 3-4 year (or 4,000 hour) acupuncture program. The practitioner’s scope of practice is unlimited within Traditional Chinese Medicine and as referred by a physician in Western Medicine.
- Professional Acupuncturist (DC, DDS, DPM)
This license is reserved for chiropractor, dentists, and podiatrists with 200 hours of training in acupuncture. It is dependent on the chiropractic, dental, or podiatric license. The practitioner’s scope of practice is limited to the back, teeth and jaws, and feet, respectively.
- NADA Detox Specialist (ADS)
This specialist attends a 75 hour course focusing on auricular (ear) acupuncture to treat addictions and works under the supervision of a medical doctor
- Medical Acupuncture (MD)
Medical doctors do not need any additional license to practice acupuncture. A 300 hour course is recommended, but some MD’s attend a 3-4 year acupuncture school.
2520 California St, Ste G
Columbus, IN 47201
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
- • Cultivating Defensive Qi to Fight Summer Allergies •
- • 3 Tips for Healthy Summer Fun •
- • A Taste of Summer •